Chapter 13: Weddings and Events by Jenny

Welcome to the Chapter 13 blog where you'll find fantastic links, wedding tips, updates on recent Chapter 13 events, and incredible deals!



Monday, May 2, 2011

{Real Bride #3}



Meet Kat!  Real Bride #3!  I will coordinating her wedding this summer. They are getting married at THIS beautiful location.http://http://www.figueroamountainfarmhouse.com/
 
1. So far I'd have to say sifting through all the bridal magazines and scoping out all the blogs (there are some good ones out there!). I could spend hours doing that! It really helps to create a vision for our wedding.
 
2. I'd have to say all the unkown costs that accompany a weddding. No matter how much you think you've nailed down a budget, it will almost always end up being more.
 
3. How much of a processs it is!! Don't get me wrong, it can be really fun at times, but there is a lot to do. I had no idea! You really have to set aside time to dedicate completely to wedding planning. It's like having a second job.
 
4. Where we can, we've been purchasing items instead of renting them. I've found that a lot of the items that are listed in the rentals can be purchased in bulk for the same price or cheaper (i.e. linens). You can always sell the items after the wedding and make some of your money back. I've also been scoping out thrift stores for some inexpesive, vintage decorative pieces....you never know what you'll find!
 
5. The decorating! Of course, I'm also really looking forward to the actual wedding day and celebrating with my husband, family and friends. That really keeps the excitement flowing throughout the planning process ;)
 
My favorite wedding blogs are:
 
100 Layer Cake
Once Wed
Grey Likes Weddings
east side bride
Style Me Pretty
Green Wedding Shoes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment